PHP based lightweight search client (open source) with complete and responsive user interface for searching with Apache Lucene / Solr (open source enterprise search server).
So you can install / run an search engine on standard LAMP or standard PHP webspace without effort (based on vanilla PHP and Solr-PHP-Client). It doesnt need a database but only connection to or an installation of a standard Solr server/service (ready packages available).
Just install the Debian or Ubuntu package or copy the source to PHP webspace and search with a flexible responsive UI:
- Fulltext search
- Facetted search (interactive filters)
- Viewer for preview
- Analyze text
- Different list views:
- Result list (with snippets and highlighted search terms)
- Table (sortable and filterable)
- Analyze search results or all documents with data visualizations:
- Trend chart
- Networks, connections and relations (graph)
/etc/solr-php-client-ui/config.php for setting another language or for adding custom facets (additional fields and interactive filters).
Used libraries and frameworks (all included in the package)
- solr-php-client (Solr client library for php)
- foundation (CSS and UI lib for responsive web design)
- Cytoscape.js (graph)
- Tablesaw (responsive tables)
Solr-PHP-UI is a lightwight solution which doesnt need a database or special libraries. So the configuration options for the users are limited.
If you want to configure dashboards, add some calls of a view into iframes, show some Solr-PHP-UI RSS feeds (i.e. show results of some configurated search feeds in Drupal views) or you have to setup a user interface with a database like Hue (Django/Python) or Sarnia (Drupal/PHP):
Alternate components (Open Source user interfaces for Solr):